Sunday, January 31, 2010

It's a boy!

A new picture, as promised! I had my roommate help me take pictures, and here's my favorite of the bunch.This picture is a wee bit modified. I had to edit out the tips of tree branches and the roof of my apartment building. The stork originally had a long sturdy wire coming out of his belly, so he was kind of like a puppet. I built the wire in so I would be able to hold him up to the sky. You can still see the tip of the wire on his belly in this picture.

This illustration is going to be for my grad portfolio class. I'm focusing on doing a series of greeting cards that would be geared towards or about kids. This card, which I'm sure you can probably tell, is going to be a birth announcement card. I'm debating on whether or not I should do two versions. One for girls and one for boys. Any thoughts?

2 comments: